• Financing Climate Futures: Rethinking Infrastructure, 28 November 2018, Paris, France
• Perspectives on Global Development, 29 November 2018, Paris, France
• Global Forum on Competition, 29-30 November 2018, Paris, France
African Economic Conference
An “integrated continent” is a key pillar of Africa’s Agenda 2063 and the theme of the 2018 African Economic Conference, which focuses on regional and continental integration for Africa’s development. The discussion will build on the outcome of the 2013 conference on Regional Integration in Africa and examine practical solutions to make the recently adopted Continental Free Trade Area a reality. The conference takes place on 3-5 December 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda. Read more
Leaders’ Summit, 30 November-1 December 2018, Buenos Aires, Argentina
The Sustainable Blue Economy Conference, hosted by Kenya and partnered with the World Bank, will identify the economic benefits of healthy waters and capture donors’ commitment to help the world transition to a blue economy. It will be held on 26-28 November 2018, in Nairobi, Kenya. Read more
Eleventh Meeting of the Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes, 20-22 November 2018, Punta del Este, Uruguay
IORA Workshop on Financial Inclusion for Women Entrepreneurs, 10-11 December 2018, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
• Informal meeting of BRICS leaders, 25 November 2018, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• BRICS STI brokerage event, 26 November 2018
• Committee on Trade and Development, 21 November 2018, Geneva, Switzerland
• Committee on Trade and Development – dedicated session on the monitoring mechanism on special and differential treatment, 21 November 2018, Geneva, Switzerland
Blockchain Policy Forum, 4-5 September 2018
World Economic Outlook update, 16 July 2018
“Firms, workers and disruptive technologies – ensuring sustainable and inclusive growth”; this will also be an opportunity to assess the extent to which the forum has helped uncover the factors behind the productivity slowdown.
On the margins of the World Customs Organisation…
The OECD will release its latest analytical work on trade facilitation. Trade Facilitation and the Global Economy presents key findings on the state of trade facilitation reforms around the world, and shows why and how trade facilitation can contribute to lowering trade costs and increasing economic well-being.
The GEGAfrica project has been funded by UK aid from the UK government; however the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the UK government’s official policies.